Event Code of Conduct & Refund Policies for MAC Events
MAC Code of Conduct
- MAC is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all participants in its events, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, physical appearance, body size, religion, or experience (or lack thereof). We expect everyone associated with our conference (including attendees, volunteers, and MAC staff) to act responsibly, behave courteously, and respect the rights and dignity of others at all times while in attendance.
- The following actions are prohibited at MAC Events:
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, or body language
- Verbally abusive behavior, including angry or vulgar language, swearing, name-calling, or shouting
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior
- MAC reserves the right to warn the offender or remove anyone deemed to be in violation of this Code of Conduct with no refund. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior must comply immediately or face expulsion.
- Conference Passes are for a single individual and may not be shared with others. If an attendee is suspected of sharing their pass with a non-paying individual, both parties may be removed from the event.
Cancellation Refund Policy
- Refund requests must be made in writing (print or electronic) to MAC.
- The refund of registration fees may include a cancellation fee to cover the operating and transaction costs of issuing the refund. This fee may be waived at the discretion of the Executive Director or the Finance Committee following evaluation of the situation.
- Once a registration has been charged to a credit card, MAC is unable to change the credit card used for payment. Refunds will be credited using the original method of payment less the cancellation fee if applicable.
- Refunds will not be issued for no-shows.
- Refunds are made on the following schedule (minus any cancellation charge):
Up to two months before the first day of the event
Between two months and one month before the first day of the event
Between one month and ten days before the first day of the event
Less than ten days before the first day of the event
If registration opens less than two months before the first day of the event, then the above cancellation dates will be adjusted proportionally.
Returned Payment Policy
- Remittance must be made in U.S. dollars. A processing fee may be assessed to cover any collection fees.
Significant changes to MAC events:
MAC reserves the right to cancel, reschedule, or change the format of an event due to low enrollment, a national or regional state of emergency declaration, or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.
- If MAC
- Cancels an event: Registrants will be offered a full refund or provided an option for comparable reparation.
- Postpones an event: Registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
- Changes in the event format: MAC will not issue any refunds unless a change of date is also required, or the change in event format includes changes to more than 25% of the originally planned agenda.
- In all cases:
- All sponsors for such events will be contacted and MAC will work with sponsors to identify alternative options, including reimbursement.
- MAC will only refund payments made directly to MAC and will not be held responsible for other costs or expenditures incurred by partners or attendees.
- MAC will not refund payment or assume additional costs and liability that result from "Acts of God" or criminal activity.
- MAC will attempt to issue all refunds within six weeks of written notice of event cancellation.
Other Registration Policies: Policies.
- Fees for MAC events are not tax-deductible as charitable contributions but may be deductible as ordinary business expenses.
- MAC is not responsible for loss, damages or injury to persons or property as a result of attending MAC events. This also applies to any other related events if and to the extent a registrant may be eligible to attend as part of their registration.
- By registering for a MAC event, each participant acknowledges that he/she has read any policies and disclaimers provided, and expressly releases MAC and its Board members, officers, employees, or agents from any and all liability in connection with that event.